ABBAupdate.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 19, 2018, 07:25:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Register now to enter drawing for ABBA's Definitive Collection album!  [See contest announcement at Update section ABBAUpdate.com.]
119 Posts in 41 Topics by 28 Members
Latest Member: FMDostoyevsky
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ABBAupdate.com
|-+  The ABBA Members
| |-+  Benny
| | |-+  Abba Star Secretly Auditioned Mamma Mia! Stars
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Abba Star Secretly Auditioned Mamma Mia! Stars  (Read 5808 times)
magda

View Profile Email
« on: July 09, 2008, 11:54:31 AM »

Article posted by Krista in <abba_sharing> Kiss

By WENN, July 9 2008 ABBA star BENNY ANDERSSON secretly insisted the superstars of the new MAMMA MIA! movie musical pass his own quality test before he agreed to sign over the musical rights to the movie's producers.

Movie star Meryl Streep admits she never officially auditioned for the pop icon, but always felt a bad performance from her or her co-stars could have doomed the film version of the hit stage musical.

She says, "He vehemently denies this, but I know he retained the right to veto any cast choices right until the very end.

"He didn't release the rights to the music until just before we started shooting."

And there was one meeting Streep had with the songwriter/composer that made her realise he was sizing her up.

She tells the Sydney Daily Telegraph newspaper, "He had this little twinkle in his eye and he was very welcoming. But about halfway through, I realised I was doing an audition, and that if everything did not go well I would not be doing the musical. And then I got really nervous."  Shocked
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: